The annual meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, Orlando, FL, USA, October 22-25, 2011, will be the best opportunity to learn more about the two innovative products, THIN-CTM and heavySIL 1500, launched onto the market by AL.CHI.MI.A, this year.
THIN-CTM is an innovative corneal deswelling agent, which is ideal to prepare ultra-thin lenticule for DSAEK, Eye Bank pre-cut tissues for DSAEK and anterior lamellae for DALK. Corneal incubation in THIN-CTM reduces corneal thickness, makes the residual posterior stroma smother, and increases tissue stiffness to facilitate lenticule manipulation during surgery.
heavySIL 1500 is a new heavier than water endotamponade, which has proven effective in the management of complicated retinal detachment with minimum postoperative complications.
Both products were extensively investigated by research studies and in clinical settings. Below is a list of main references:
- Alvarez de Toledo J., Gordillo J. D. C., Gatto C., Quilendrino R.: SEM Analysis of the interface quality after deep stromal femtolaser cutting in THIN-C. ESCRS Vienna, Austria, September 17-21, 2011.
- Garimoldi P., D’Amato Tóthová J. Rossi M.: Clinical outcomes of DSAEK performed using corneal deswelling solution THIN-C. ESCRS Vienna, Austria, September 17-21, 2011.
- Rossi M., D’Amato Tóthová J., Gatto C., Mistò R., Campanelli M., Garimoldi P.: Femtolaser assisted DSAEK using a novel corneal deswelling medium. Study of interface quality, surgical advantages and clinical follow up. ESCRS Vienna, Austria, September 17-21, 2011.
- Aguilar M. C., Quintero E. A., Medina C., Hernandez H., Dubovy S., Parel J-M.: 2nd Generation Perfluorocarbon Liquids: In vivo Biocompatibility Study. ARVO, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA, May 3-7, 2009.
- Parel J-M, Arrieta E., Aguilar M.C., Lee E., Ponce F., Hernandez E., Albini T., Dubovy S., Beccaro M., Mariotti C.: Asymmetric Perfluorocarbon liquids (aPFCLs) and combination aPFCLs/silicone oil (PDMS): Pilot in-vivo Biocompatibility Study. ARVO, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA, May 2-6, 2010.
- Zenoni S.: Heavier than water" heavySIL 1500 - injection technique. - Present and future challenges in severe retinal disease. Verona, Italy, February 4-5, 2011.
- Romano M. R.: Density, viscosity and surface tension for the choice of new tamponades. Mediterretina, Ravenna, Italy, April 14-15, 2011.
- Mariotti C.: Use of heavySIL 1500, a new heavier than water endotamponade, in complicated retinal detachment surgery. Retina Society Rome, Italy, September 21-25, 2011.